Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Day 15


Absolution

Day Fifteen:   This was more of an experiment than an artistically composed shot. There's the classic project given to photography students to try to shoot white upon white. I've already done that, and so I thought I'd twist that one. Shooting clear on white. ;) I had a whole bunch of interesting shots doing this one.
My setup eventually -- for this one -- was a white backdrop, the crystal apple, and a single light source. I remember being taught by a fellow photographer that the best lighting is with one light. The earth only had one sun, so why would you compose a shot with three different lights. (I do understand there are exceptions when trying to create sharp shadows for shots, say, like fashion)
I used an LED light that would illuminate the apple with blue tones. I set the settings low to get a more glow look with it. Overall, I think this shot was the most technically correct picture. Plus, I like concept. ;)
I'd love to hear feedback on this too!


Tech Stuff:
Camera: Canon EOS REBEL T1i
1/4 second
F/5.6
25 mm
1600


You can find this picture on deviantART here

No comments:

Post a Comment